Home Remedies for Constipation
Constipation is a common problem in almost of all age of people. It is a digestive disorder problem. Constipation causes difficulty in passing stools. There are certain home remedies to enhances the functioning of the digestive system.
Causes of Constipation
- Insufficient water intake
- Lack of physical activity
- Intake of certain medications
- Laxative abuse
- Poor dietary habits
- Irregular defecation habit
- Weakness of abdominal muscles
Symptoms of Constipation
- Bloated abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Bad breath
- Abnormally small or large stools
- Mouth ulcer
Natural home remedies for the constipation
1. Castor oil
- Castor oil is a stimulant laxative.
- Take 1-2 tsp of the castor oil on an empty stomach.
- or For the taste you can take with the fruit juice.
- Fiber can be found in the fruits, vegetables and whole grains .
- It is the best home remedies to over come from constipation. Daily intake of the 25-30 gms of the fiber will relief from the constipation.
- Fruits like oranges, guavas ,papaya,green apple contains some laxatives which is helpful in the constipation.
- Probiotics are the bacteria which promote the digestion.
- Fermented foods like idli,dosa,uttappam,upma,etc .Intake of these foods which promote the digestion and give relief from constipation.
4. Lemon juice
- Lemon is a stimulant for the digestive system and help flush out toxins.
- Mix warm water with a tsp of lemon juice.
- Drink lemon juice in the morning empty stomach.
- Figs are the natural laxatives and high in fiber.
- Take 2-3 almonds and figs and soak them in water for few hours.
- Now peel the almonds and grind them.
- Take this paste with honey at night.
- Raisins are high in fiber even they have laxative effect on the digestion.
- Eat raisins daily after meal.
7. Flax seed
- Take 1 tbsp of the flax seeds and soak them in water.
- Drink water daily before going to the bed.
- Honey is known for the mild laxative effects.
- Take a tbsp of honey three times in a day.
- You can take honey alone or with warm water.
- Take a cup of fennel seeds and roast them.
- Now grind the roasted fennel seed and sieve them.
- Take a half spoon of this powder daily with warm water.
- A tbsp of the blackstrap molasses before going to the bed which will relive constipation .
11. Baking soda
- Take a tsp of Baking soda mix with 1/4 cup of warm water.
- It will give relief from acidity as well as clear the colon.
In order to avoid constipation it is essential that you have to maintain healthy foods in the diet.
- Avoid refined foods like maida and other processed foods.
- Include fruits and vegetables in daily routine .
- Include whole grins foods in the diet like whole cereals, whole pulses.
- Eat light and regular meal.
- Add condiments like jeera, ajwain in your food help in digestion.
- Drink plenty of water everyday.
- Daily physical activity or exercise.
Constipation is a digestive disorder which can be treated at home with just the management in the diet with exercise.