Benefits of Walnut on Overall Health
Walnuts are among the most common tree foods grown by man, it is edible kernel obtained from tree belonging to the juglandaceae family in the genus juglan.
Walnuts have innumerable health benefits ranging from weight management to prevention and slowing of various cancer, metabolism to heart health and beauty cannot be overlooked.
Benefits of Walnuts on Health
- Walnuts are rich source of energy, anti oxidants, minerals, vitamins and for overall health.
- Walnuts are rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, consumption of walnuts daily increases HDL (good) cholesterol and decreases LDL(bad)cholesterol, this will reduces the risk of coronary artery disease and stroke.
- It is a excellent source of the vitamin E which helps in maintaining the integrity of cell membrane and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen free radicals.
- It contains dietary fiber which is helpful in reducing the weight.
- Walnut oil lowered both resting blood pressure and blood pressure response to stress ,omega 3 fatty acids, unsaturated fatty acids, antioxidants and fiber these nutrients gives walnuts stress fighting properties.
- Walnuts also contain zinc which is a co-factor in many enzymes that regulate growth and development, sperm generation and digestion.
- Walnuts are package of Vitamin B which is necessary for the skin, vitamin B is an stress and mood manager. Presence of the vitamin B with E a natural anti oxidants helps in fighting free radicals and delays ageing process.
- Walnut oil keeps skin moisturized and smooth enhancing healthier growth of cells.
- For longer, healthier, stronger, shinier hair walnut is necessary due to the presence of omega 3 fatty acids. Walnut is a natural anti dandruff agent.
- Walnuts have potential health benefits in the area of memory and cognitive function because low omega 3 is directly linked to depression and decline in cognitive function. Moderate amount of walnuts can improve motor and behavioral skills.
- Studies have found that the consumption of walnuts reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Walnuts contains PUFA’s and MUFA’s which is necessary in the pregnancy for the growth and development of the fetus.
- Walnuts have cancer fighting properties and helpful in breast cancer as well as prostate cancer.
- Walnuts are rich in anti oxidants that keeps the immunity system healthier and prevents onset of disease.
Walnuts are very nutritious which is necessary for the overall health to lead healthy life. There are lots of health benefits of walnuts that we have discussed above.