Whether you need a new plumbing installation, repair, or renovation, you would probably reach out to an established Sydney plumber. When it comes to something as crucial as your plumbing system, there’s no scope to compromise with experience. Now, you might be wondering how much you need to fork out for professional plumbing services.
Just like in any other industry, the plumbers in Australia charge on an hourly basis. However, the nature of the repair, installation, or renovation also determines the overall cost. To give you an idea, skilled and certified plumbers would charge you anything between $70 to $90 an hour. On the other hand, some services have a fixed rate, the average ranging from $150 to $180.
Of course, plumbing services in Sydney can be affordable when you reach out to the right professionals.
How much do fixed price plumbing services in Sydney cost?
Have a look at the average charges you need to fork out when you avail fixed-price plumbing services.
- In case you have pipe leakages, you may have to pay around $150 to $200.
- Plumbers in Sydney charge the same amount for unclogging toilets.
- However, unclogging drains might cost you slightly less.
- You can replace a broken tap or install a bathroom vanity between $100 to $200.
- Installing a toilet can cost you between $250 and $500.
- Showerhead installation in Australia costs between $200 and $300.
- Installing equipment such as a shower, sink, or bathtub would cost you between $1,500 and $5,000.
Some of them charge the GST on the base rate you can use Australian GST calculator to get the exact price.
Factors determining plumbing charges in Sydney
While it’s imperative to reach out to skilled and insured plumbers in Sydney, you would try to be on the affordable end. Whether you need to unclog a blocked drains Sydney or install an expensive bathtub, it would be wise to have experienced hands at the task.
Here are some of the aspects that determine the plumbing charges.
- Level of experience: Established plumbers in Sydney stringently hire their experts. This implies that you can expect a higher level of experience from these service providers. Naturally, they would charge you higher for the enhanced quality of service they would deliver.
- Location: The location of your home and the demand for professional plumbers determine the charges to a certain extent. If you reside in a densely populated zone, plumbing services would be expensive.
- Type of job: As outlined previously, each type of service comes with an associated fixed charge. Installing new bathroom hardware would definitely cost you more than fixing leaks in faucets.
- Materials involved: The cost of plumbing in Sydney largely depends on the cost of materials. You might want to install or fix a toilet unit, pipe, bathtub, or a simple faucet. The better the materials are, the higher would be the cost.
- Advanced equipment: Leading plumbers in Sydney deploy advanced tools like cable cutters and drain cameras to enhance accuracy and deliver services faster. Naturally, they would charge you more than plumbers using traditional equipment.
When you reach out to one of the reputed local plumbers, make sure to scrutinize their profile for commitment, professionalism, and affordability. This ensures that you would have experienced hands working on your installations or repairs.