Kidney stones are solid masses of minerals salt deposits that are normally filtered through the kidney via urine. Kidney stones are form from the chemicals in urine like uric acids, phosphorous, calcium and oxalic acid.
What Causes Kidney Stones
- Urinary tract infection
- Overdose of vitamin D
- Kidney disease
- Mineral imbalance
- Improper diet
Symptoms Of Kidney Stones
- Severe pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Excessive sweating
- Painful urination
- Desire to urinate frequently
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
1 Drink water
- Drinking plenty of water daily will produce clear urine .
2 Lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil
Apple cider vinegar helps in dissolving kidney stones because it has an alkalizing effect on blood and urine, citric acid present in lemons helps break down calcium based kidney stones.
- Take 4 tbsp of the lemon juice add in equal amount of olive oil.
- Mix well and drink this mixture with plenty of water.
- Repeat it 3 times is a day.
- Mix 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and one tsp of honey in a cup of warm water.
- Drink it 3 times in a day.
- Drink 2- 3 glasses of lemon juice daily.
3 Kidney beans
Kidney beans are effective in kidney disease being in high in fiber.
- Put beans in hot water till beans become soft and tender.
- Strain the liquid and let it be cool.
- Drink it several times in a day.
4 Pomegranate and watermelon juice
- Pomegranate have astringent properties that can help in the treatment of kidney stones.
- Try to eat whole pomegranate or drink one glass of fresh juice daily.
- Grind pomegranate into a fine paste ,eat this paste along with with a cup of horse gram soup daily.
- Drink fresh juice of water melon daily because watermelon contains potassium which is essential ingredients for healthy kidney it regulate and maintain the acid level in urine as well as helps in flushing out stones from the kidney.
Celery leaves has an anti spasmodic properties,it helps in clearing out the toxic and give relief in pain.Celery juice is also a diuretic which means it increases the urine volume and flush out stones.
- Drink a glass of celery juice daily.
6. Basil leaves
Basil leaves is good for overall health,it helps in induce stone expulsion from urinary tract that is why it is a tonic for kidney.
- Mix tsp of basil juice with honey and drink this mixture daily in the morning.
- Steep 5-6 basil leaves in boiling water for about 10 minutes and add tsp of honey in it.
- Drink this basil leaves tea daily.
7. Wheat grass
Wheat grass juice is effective in treating kidney stones.It is a rich source of magnesium,potassium,iron,amino acids,vitamin B.
- Grind ,churn and extract wheat grass juice mix with a tsp of lemon juice and basil juice.
- Take it 2 -3 times in a day.
One can use home remedies for the treatment of kidney stones but don’t forget to consult with the doctor.