Turmeric comes from the rhizome of the curcuma longa plant. Turmeric is a common herb which has an anti oxidants, anti septic, anti fungal, anti viral, anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, anti carcinogenic and antimutagenic properties.
It is also rich in various minerals potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper and vitamin like C,E,K.Turmeric is golden yellow in color, sharp taste and used in cooking. It is a main spice in the food. Turmeric can be used topically as well as orally.
Benefits of Turmeric
There are lots of health benefits of turmeric. It is very useful for skin, hair, wounds and lots of other diseases. Check out all the benefits of turmeric on our health.
Benefits of Turmeric On skin
- Turmeric is used in most of the beauty product as it is an anti septic and anti inflammatory properties
- It is used in the treatment of the acne and its scars.
- It is also used in the face pack for the natural skin glow as it absorb excess of oil from skin.
- It is also used in the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines .
- Turmeric helps in releasing of bile which is useful in digestion of food.
- Turmeric calms upper digestive system by getting rid of gas, as it increases absorption in intestine and promote intestinal flora.
- Turmeric is helpful in treating gastric ulcers, ulcerative, hemorrhoids.
Turmeric for hair
- Turmeric helps in the treatment of dandruff. Dandruff is nothing it is a fungus and turmeric has an anti fungus property.
- Hair loss can take place because of various reason, curcumin is present in turmeric that can inhibit the activity of the growth agent which causes the death of hair follicles resulting in hair loss. Turmeric reduces hair loss.
- Turmeric can be used in the treatment of dermatitis, eczema which is responsible in itching, thinning hair, flaky skin.
- Turmeric is also used in the hair color or hair dye.
On teeth and gums
- Gingivitis is the mild inflammation of the gums characterized by swelling and irritation.Plaque is the film of bacteria on the teeth.As turmeric has an anti bacterial property it is used in the mouth wash and toothpaste.
- Turmeric has an anti cancer property and it is efficient in controlling and terminating cancerous growth.
- Massaging aching tooth with turmeric can help in reducing pain and swelling.
- Turmeric also helps in strengthen teeth and gums.
- Turmeric has an anti septic property that is why it is used in the healing of the wounds.
- It fight against the external bacteria found on the skin.
- It repair damaged tissue.
- Turmeric helps to dehydrate boil and draw out the pus, this helps in reducing swelling, pain, and allowing boil to heal.
- Turmeric can reduce the adhesive abilities of blood platelets preventing them from forming clots.
- It can also helps in relaxation of blood vessels and minimize heart damage.
- It has an anti inflammatory property which helps the body to fight foreign invaders and repair damage tissue.
- It increases anti oxidant capacity of the body.
- Turmeric regenerate the growth of cells after a stroke.
- By the topical application of the turmeric reduces pain in the joints.
- Due to antioxidant property of turmeric it eliminates free radicals and other toxic chemicals that cause damage to the healthy cell membranes and cell content.
Turmeric Health Benefits
- Turmeric fight cancer stem cells.
- Turmeric boost up immunity.
- Curcumin boosts brain derived neurotropic factor linked to improved brain function and a lower risk of brain disease.
- It helps in preventing and treating Alzheimer disease.
- It has an incredible benefits on depression.
- Turmeric acted as an anti diabetic ,improved metabolic function and reduced the risk of plaque buildup in the arteries of type 2 diabetes.